Thursday, October 06, 2005

6 Days in. An Accounting of sorts.

I am home for a few hours before I fly to Montreal on AC 182.
While I can't do full post (come back tommorow) I will give everyone a brief rundown on how things are progressing.

1) Since the 1st of Oct I have flown on 41 flights.
2) Roughly translated into 40,000 miles flown.
3) 40,000 miles translates into 120,000 including all bonus/promotions.

4) I have lost 3.5 lbs since starting. AC's breakfast is doing me in! Ack...

5) I gave a 15 minute phone interview to the Canadian Press this afternoon.

6) I now know many of the Maple Leaf Lounge Agents names by heart.
Some of their kids and grandkids too. :)

When is a delay not a delay?

When you confine your travel to all one aircraft. Despite poor weather on the West Coast, yesterday was a success. I had to cancel my first flight due to on going delays. I decided the only way to salvage the day was to find out what a particular crew and aircraft were scheduled to fly, then stick with them. My flights were "delayed - with respect to scheduled times", but as I stuck with the plane I was laughing all the way to the (mileage) bank :)

Special thanks to Jazz FA Linda.

2 Comments:

Blogger minx said...

Here's your CP story:

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article.do?pageID=bc_home&articleID=2048615

Good luck! :)

7:30 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Ryan Waddell said...

I thought you weren't going to weigh yourself until finishing your ordeal??

Oh, and you got yourself a metafilter post up here:

http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/45681

2:15 AM, October 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home