Saturday, October 01, 2005

AC142 - The Inaugural flight

Day 1 : Flight One

Air Canada 142 Vancouver to Toronto.

Air Canada has decided to reward me for checking in online this am with 250 Bonus Miles.

A nice start, Only 999,750 to go .

Unfortunately the bonus is only available once.

The inaugural flight is on an Airbus 330, widely considered the premier aircraft in the fleet due to its international Executive First seating and Audio/Video on demand (AVOD).

On arrival at the Vancouver Airport, my Super Elite status (for having already flown Air Canada over 100,000 miles this year) assured my upgrade to 5K in Executive First Class.

The flight load itself was extremely full in economy. This resulted in a great number (20+) Air Canada Employees also getting upgraded. Regardless the service level was maintained by Rob (Purser) and his crew.

Prior to the flight I had preordered a fruit plate as a special meal. Seeing as I will be eating a lot of meals on Air Canada, I figure maybe I can eat healthily. To that end I weighed myself this morning. I won’t do it again till the end of this adventure. Hopefully we will be down ;)

On board, I had a selection of 15+ movies or Tv shows. I watched one called Crash.
It very well could be the best film I have seen this year. A very rare and honest glimpse of 21st century life. I highly recommend it.

Flight departed on time, and arrived early.

2078- miles flown
2078- % of Total threshold bonus
1039- Super Elite bonus
519 - Rise and Shine Miles promotion
250 – Online check in bonus

AC 142: 5964 miles earned/ 5964 miles total/ 994,836 to fly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Oopsz said...

Looks like your mileage run started on the right foot-- with an upgrade! let's take that as a good omen :)

3:15 PM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger therichjerk101 said...

Learn more about blogs by looking at one up-close-and-personal
By examining the Web Design/HTML blog you can learn more about the characteristics that all blogs share.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a "ways to make money" site. It pretty much covers "ways to make money" related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:22 PM, October 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are two very different recent movies named "Crash"
http://imdb.com/title/tt0375679/
http://imdb.com/title/tt0115964/

8:20 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Randi said...

i heard AC is cutting out the food.

8:20 AM, November 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home