Sunday, October 02, 2005

End of the first shift, tomorrow's a new day!!!

First of all, I'd like to thank Air Canada for hosting me for the past 36 hours. In this time I have been provided with transport, meals, beverages, showers, movies, and an opportunity to mingle with my fellow flyers. The experience has been relatively painless, and this further motivates me to complete my goal.

A few anecdotes from the past two days;
A big thumbs up to Gillette Invisible Solid Cool Wave Deodorant. This stuff lasts a long time, I mean a really long time. After 1 application on Saturday morning, 14 flights, a shower and a change of clothes (didn't have it to re-apply) I returned home 36 hours later, just as fresh as I left.

Thumbs down to the A321 Executive Class Seats - the only people who could find these things comfortable, are those crazy guys who sleep on a bed of nails with concrete blocks on top of them. While I would have liked to sleep through both red eyes, I was kept awake watching all the other passengers writhe in pain in their unsuccessful attempts to doze. The individual who designed these seats, and certainly the one who approved them, needs to be kicked in the teeth - NO - they need to be forced to sleep in one of these on an all-night flight. It's ridiculous. One lucky fellow fell asleep, good for him! I suppose this is a compliment to the Airbus noise levels, but he was snoring so loud, if it wasn't the seats keeping us from sleep, it would have been him. At one point, a few of us were getting concerned that no human could snore that loud - he must be choking to death on his tongue. A special thank you to my friend Jeff who met me at the gate on sunday morning - good surprise.

YVR - YYJ/ YYJ - YVR/ YVR - YYJ....you get it, right? 8-14 minutes flying - 500 miles credit each leg- no problem, I could do this all day. I thought Executive First across the country was easy? Having done a few of these, this has got to be the easiest way to reach my goal. Just a quick 300+ round trips to Victoria and I've achieved my goal. :)

Lastly - I'd like to thank the Air Canada crew and staff who are so interested in this experience and have been so helpful today in assisting with the minutia this trip entails. FYI to all - saving the Executive Class chocolates, to give to the check-in agent in exchange for printing all 10 of your day's boarding passes - priceless.


9 Comments:

Blogger BMA553 said...

Just wanted to say I had the pleasure of sitting next to this mad flyer from YVR to YYZ on a Saturday night red eye flight… Thank you for giving me your fruit plate, as my special meal seemed to have been lost by the fine folks at Air Canada.
(I was starving) Thanks again. Happy Flying…

12:05 PM, October 03, 2005  
Blogger Carrie said...

I look forward to the updates! Particularly if there is any type of pickled item involved ~ garlic is hands down my favourite...

Well if you have time and can squeeze us into your schedule, perhaps we can 'chum' from YVR to YYZ in a couple weeks!

Miss you!
C

2:26 PM, October 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh shit! Our entire office spent hours trying to figure out the best way to get the most miles. I can't believe that you're actually doing this. I think my butt would literally dislodge from my body. Best of luck! We're all glued to your blog...

The staff at TakingITGlobal.org

7:12 AM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Godspeed Marc! Stick it to the ACE-man. Good luck in reaching your goal. Those of us who remain eathbound salute you.

MBALLB

10:37 AM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another comment from the TakingITGlobal.org staff--do you have an RSS feed, or can you turn one on? We want to keep track of all the latest updates!

1:07 PM, October 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where you gonna be on friday the 7th marc ?

naplesyrupeater...

8:36 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger tijo said...

For those who want the rss feed, this is it: http://gcmr2005.blogspot.com/atom.xml

And I second the request in comments on another post: let's see a running tally of your flights and miles earned!

2:35 PM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here Here on the A321 seats! I have yet to be able to doze let alone sleep in one!

How can you sit so long!? What's your secret!

Keeping blogging!

LL

3:17 AM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger Randi said...

omg you are so crazy. Just curious, what do you do for a job?

8:23 AM, November 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home