Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fogged in...kind of...



During Sunday’s radio interview with 2UE in Australia, I was asked about any problems that I have encountered. I thought for a minute, and replied that everything in the first 3 weeks has gone mostly according to plan. I am at my mileage targets (closing in on 400,000 now), meeting some incredible people, and as far as the actual flying goes, everything has been on time with no missed flights. (OK…one day I chickened out and cancelled a short round trip across the water, but it was more my poor initial decision to have a 15 minute space between the two and some possible weather issues that had me reconsider that one.)

After five flights today I almost got nailed. We landed in Victoria at 8pm. An hour earlier it was clear and warm and now, getting off the Dash 8, I had trouble seeing the terminal building for the fog. Yikes! A few seconds later, I was deafened by the sound of an aircraft executing a missed approach. Oh boy, this is NOT looking good!

An attempt was made to board the plane quickly in hopes that we could take off prior to the fog closing the airport. We taxied back out and waited…the first officer came on the PA and announced that the visibility was fluctuating, but not quit up to minimums. We would wait thirty minutes and then head back to the terminal. Well, sooner than later – we were taxing back in (needed more gas), and though the fog was lifting, my blood pressure was going with it - I have a flight to Montreal to catch! After a 90 minute delay – we were on our way.

I arrived in Vancouver at 2240 for my 2320 flight. Plenty of time, but I needed to wash the stress of the evening down with a glass of red from the Maple Leaf Lounge prior to boarding.


Good call on my part (picking the Montreal flight), as we saw the return of the POT ROAST!



It’s Back!!! I had to skip the fruit plate. My long gone friend has returned! And mmm mmm mmm was it good.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, that pot roast doesnt look to healthy, no matter how well it tastes.

1:56 PM, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Kathy said...

Ah, pot roast. So comforting, especially when faced with this much airline food! Glad you were able to make your flight.

3:03 PM, October 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks disgusting.

6:49 PM, October 26, 2005  
Anonymous mpc1 said...

Marc;

Good to see you haven't chased the pot roast away for good. I hope I get to try it this weekend.

mpc1

7:26 PM, October 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why doing a blog if you don't post ?

7:14 AM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home