Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hungarian Madness

Sitting down on my 2nd of 4 Vancouver Toronto flights I knew I was in trouble.
Whether I was tipped off by the early 80's lime green pants suit she was wearing or the MALEV sticker ( MALEV is the national airline of Hungary)plastered to her chest, I am not sure.

No I think it was the Odour. If Chanel bottled it, it would likely be called Farm Animal, or perhaps Backed Up Toilet. (FYI CHANEL I HAVE RIGHTS TO THOSE 2 NAMES :) )

We have all been seated next to someone on the plane that immediately made us wish we were somewhere else. Like at the Dentists Office. Getting our teeth drilled. With no anesthetic.... This individual chose to tell me her life story. I know, I know...I should be nice and helpful to the Eastern European Granny...but honestly..
4 hrs of non stop chatter is too much.

Oh did I mention she didn't speak a word of English?

9 Comments:

Blogger tijo said...

You are SO not a Global Citizen! Just a question - ever been off the continent?? This sounds like a life-changing experience, but you're too afraid to get it!

8:19 PM, October 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, life changing.

8:54 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Marc said...

Yeah I live and work in Asia/Europe part of the year.

9:19 PM, October 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marc I love your blog.. I am enjoying every bit of it and wish you the best of luck.. this is the funniest so far :)

9:01 AM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprisd you've had only ONE annoying seatmate experience in 50,000+ BIS! You must be upgrading a lot! :)

I know you probably don't have time, but PLEASE if you can, list daily flights and mileage tallies. I'm living vicariously thru you!

1:30 PM, October 10, 2005  
Blogger minx said...

I have one word for you:

iPod.

(Or, in a pinch, Discman.)

5:32 PM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you afraid of getting deep vein thrombosis and dying from pulmonary embolism or something?

6:38 PM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is amazing.... you're a true pioneer and I won't be at all surprised to see AC modify its na flight pass rules because of you.

Best of luck and I'm watching!

6:52 PM, October 10, 2005  
Anonymous Ralf said...

Marc, I'm sure many women would love to be impregnated by some "Marc genes" after this. If you can fit in an hour into your schedule, I'm sure I can talk my wife into something. If not, a "bank deposit" will do.

7:01 PM, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home