Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Mileage Update


OK. Finally a break to update my blog. Half-way thru Week Two and things are getting crazy! I can barely manage the time to book more flights on Air Canada's website. The press interviews and actual flying are taking too much time. Thank goodness I get to go to work tommorow...some much needed solitude in the cockpit.

To date I have now flown 72 flights equalling over 75,000 actual miles, netting some 206,000+ miles in my account, including bonuses, as of October 11th. A highlight for me came when I picked my first threshold bonus for 150,000 Annual Status miles (already had 100K before I started this venture). Yes, it was exciting, and yes ...I am a virgin, it was my first time. Choices I had were;
a) Upgrades and Lounge Passes - uh...no thanks, don't need any lounge passes. I'm seeing so much of the lounge at YVR that yesterday I stopped myself right before I said to one of the friendly lounge staff, "OK honey, see you in an hour!"

b) A $200 voucher to a bath products store - again, no. It's already a challenge to navigate the bathroom which is littered with assorted creams, balms, and lotions. Why would I do that to myself?

c) 35,000 bonus miles - oh ya baby! Isn't that the whole point of this?


More soon, sorry for the delay,

Marc

6 Comments:

Blogger lord phobal said...

are you going to take the BMW when you hit 300 000 SMs?

https://www.aeroplan.com/en/threshold05/threshold_gift_300.jsp

11:34 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Oopsz said...

Man, take the beemer.

1:48 PM, October 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe you made us wait 2 whole days before updating the blog. you jerk !

3:50 PM, October 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

after you make your million miles by the end of the month, you should try to be the first person to ever fly as a passenger on every offered AC north america flight.

maybe the press you generate would be enough for them to give you a porsche instead of the bmw.

6:03 PM, October 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be careful. all of this media attention will undoubtedly have CCRA watching your aeroplan redemptions and wanting you to declare on income tax...

8:29 AM, October 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CCRA would only be interested in your points if your company was paying for the flight pass. Points you earn on personal flights have zero tax implications.

7:29 AM, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home