Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Where's the pot roast?


After 10 transcons (Vancouver to Toronto/Vancouver to Montreal) in 4 days I have become addicted to the pot roast. What is this? “No Pot Roast Tuesday”? There was salmon, chicken and some sort of beef, along with crappy breakfast omelets, that have been on the menu for 3 years (and hey Air Canada, everyone hates them – why do you think you have problems with the lav every morning?)…but no pot roast.
In lieu of pot roast, I have now decided I am going to try all the special meals in the AC inventory and rate them in my blog.

I will start with the fruit platter…depending on the time of day this can range from a slice of orange and two grapes, to a full-on Carmen Miranda hat. So, for this meal – I really cannot give it a general rating…but the last one I had was full of melon (cheapest fruit around I guess…) and I give it 6/10 forks.

I have discovered the most valuable item you can take on this odyssey is a pillow…the pillow is useful for sleeping and for protection against those medieval torture devices – A321 seats. More than one flight attendant gazed longingly at my nice fluffy pillow.

I went to Miami for 2 hours with a leather satchel – I thought there might be some indecent probing going on due to the irregularity of this type of itinerary. But NO – after seeing my mitt full of boarding passes both ladies at US and Canada customs thought it was hilarious. From the airplane to customs to my next flight was only 12 minutes – unheard of! Two thumbs up for the border agents with a sense of adventure!

Wednesday morning brings the start of a two-night adventure – and a straight 60 hours in transit. Check back regularly to hear about my next dining experience…Air Canada’s Asian Vegetarian…do I actually get an Asian vegetarian? If so – I prefer Thai girls.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty cool. Can you post your running points tally and the flights you are taking?

3:14 AM, October 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Pillow!!!!!

Its a Towel you should be carrying.

DONT PANIC

5:48 AM, October 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a mighty comfy pillow. Should come in handy.

2:03 PM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger Adele Richards said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:31 AM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I don't know about the Carmen Miranda hat...but I take MY hat off to you for such a crazy scheme and also for managing to remain in good humour while doing it!
Are you going to write a book about your adventure? Perhaps you should try a "Supersize me" experiment and see what Air Canada food does to your insides for a month....oh hang on...you did mention the omelette..!

9:35 AM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, yet another pointless blog.

5:44 PM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get one of these on you - so we can track your flight in "real" miles.

http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner201/

9:53 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger tijo said...

Pot Roast - Schmot Scmhost... I thought you were planning a 'forced' diet..? Well it seems you're back to the fruit plates at the moment, but you can't say airline pot roast is the best you ever had... just a guess.

8:25 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home