Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Musing...more to come.


Apologies for the lack of updates- things are getting hectic.

Updates on my totals:

Boarding passes in my possession = 213

Miles flown = 169,000+ Status miles

Bonuses = 295,000+

Total Miles Earned = 464,000+










Oy! My Ass

The A321 seat is getting to me. The only piece of leather in the plane is the piece that holds up the safety briefing cards in front me..…why isn’t this soft, supple leather under my butt?

Half a burger.

My snack delivery service failed me Monday night – my order of a Harvey’s hamburger was – half a burger. I had ordered a full burger, but Harveys was closed. Instead Beth went to Burger King and got a double cheese burger. Since I had only ordered a “burger” she thought it was ok to eat half first…I arrived to find a half eaten double burger… When the subject was broached, she looked me in the eye and said.. “if you don’t want it, I will finish it.”

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So a month down and at 464,000 pts - are you still confident in making the target???

or will the day-job have to suffer

11:51 PM, November 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey marc;

This is a great site. I first read about your mission on mybc.com. I headed over to FlyerTalk as I KNEW it had to be someone from there. I noticed the airline you fly for (by the reg marking on the door) and was wondering how do you commute to the origin airport? Do you jumpseat on another carrier?

Daryl,

1:58 AM, November 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You be careful there, you'll be getting hard-tack and water.

I envy you flying a 747. That and the old Constellation are the most beautifule passenger a/c ever made.

Foreign Affair on FT

6:38 AM, November 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is that as a pilot, you should know that the days off you are given are to give you time to recuperate from the physical toll flying takes on your body. Personally, as another flight crew member, I think it is a good thing you fly cargo, because you are in no shape to be responsible for passengers. You cannot possibly be in any shape, physically or mentally, to make intelligent decisions in a timely manner. Good luck, and don't forget to take your vitamins and melatonin!

3:59 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Marc said...

NO melatonin. NO problems sleeping. I find it curious how you think sleeping in Business Class or watching a movie is any more fatiguing than chasing a two year old around a park for a few hrs. I do both, and can tell you passengering is way less work.

1:53 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the looks of your BP, seems like you’re flying J a lot. Where are you getting all of those SSWUG certs? It’s no wonder none are left to trade over on Flyertalk. :)

Prestige

7:35 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous MInTheGap said...

It's an amazing feet your attempting here... Keep up the good "work"?

10:05 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marc, what's so amazing about your "feet"? Some strange foot fetish? Gotta love those little disposable airline sockies!( I know... you only get them in Executive First!) HAHAHAHA!

4:55 PM, November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home