Monday, December 05, 2005

HKG-DXB-HKG

Well after a night in the market, I awake to find a slip of paper detailing a flight from Hong Kong to Dubai the company would like me to work today. Although my roster shows me off, I had a feeling it was coming as I was the only available First Officer. They just hadn't told me yet.

We make our way out to the airport (we have a car pick us up) and I find out it is my Captains very last flight. He is turning 65 the next day and is no longer legal to fly airliners. Of course that means its his leg to "fly" (take off and land) the aircraft and I was relegated to secondary duties, (paperwork, radio, ect...)

It was a great flight, we left on time to the minute and arrived 7 minutes early in Dubai.

Below is a picture I took. Congratulations Bob!!








The next afternoon there was a retirement party for Bob at the Hyatt in Dubai. I wanted to get the above pic printed and framed as a gift, but it was Friday AND the national holiday of UAE. It took almost 2 hrs just to find a place to print it. Eventually I was set with a frame and off to the party.

I was only able to attend for a couple of hours with my drinking limited to Diet Coke, but it was a great experience to get together with other pilots I flew with on occasion in a social setting.

A few hrs later it was back in the plane to Hong Kong. New Captain (but an old friend) and same Flight Engineer. We also had a dead heading FO travelling to HKG. He was new to the aircraft and super keen. When he inquired if it was ok if he flew and I sat (or slept in the bunk...........) I jumped at it!!!!! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. Love new eager people!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen Verstreken said...

Marc-
When I googled you I couldn't believe this was really you! Congrats! Please look me up. I would love to catch up.
Jen, from Turks and Caicos

9:24 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger kevjin said...

What did you do with all your points?

1:31 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger Tom said...


.....(\_........_/)
......)..(.......)..(
......(...(......)..)
.......)....(....)..(
.......(....(....)..)
.........(\\.--.//)
.......O)`.6..6.'(O
........../.........\
..........(..)....(..)
.........`(_c__c_)`
.............`\T/`

He likes this site !

2:45 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Claire said...

not sure if you still check this, but you have one amazing story.

have any ideas of travel agents who specialize in mileage runs?

If so, I'd love any advice: claire@hoperuns.org

9:33 AM, July 11, 2008  
Blogger Shelly Smith said...

Nice thoughts have been added..!!

Shelly Smith..
---------------------

virgin credit card

3:58 AM, November 07, 2009  
Blogger Term Papers said...

I never thought of it like that, but it really is true.

College Term Papers

2:08 AM, February 23, 2010  
Blogger wsxwhx687 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

3:43 AM, April 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home